- Have a positive, humane, and personal approach.
- Listen to you and develop a pet-friendly training plan to fit your lifestyle.
- Prevent bad habits from developing via early puppy/kitten training.
- Help you begin teaching your pet as soon as you bring him home.
- Provide individual attention to speed the training process and give you immediate feedback!
- Work with you one-on-one through in-home consultations.
- Teach small, friendly classes so that everyone’s questions can be answered.
- Welcome the entire family to participate.
- Find most of our clients via vet referrals and happy clients’ word-of-mouth.
- Would love to help you & your pets!
Ruth Hagen has been teaching people & their pets for over 20 years.
Her well-rounded background includes many years in veterinary nursing and a B.S. in Biology. She is a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC), the Pet Professional Guild (PPG), and the Behavior Education Network (BEN). She authored articles for “North Bay Pets Magazine” and consulted for “Cat Fancy” magazine. In addition to this website, Ruth currently writes for TheSoulfulPet.com and has written for RustysDogBlog.com. She’s also provided staff education on behavior/training topics for numerous veterinary hospitals and shelters, @ their request.
Ruth’s interest in and love for animals began in childhood.
Growing up, she had a menagerie of pets, including frogs rescued from junior high biology class. In elementary school, she started training squirrels in her backyard – just for fun. (So it’s obvious she’s doing what she’s always loved.)
Currently, she’s “dog-mom” to Rusty, a fabulously opinionated 10-yr-old miniature poodle.
Ruth lives in northern CA with her partner – the human love of her life.
©2016 Critter Consulting